It’s Friday and you know what that means, it’s time for another #FantasticForumFriday.
Today we welcome back AWARE (Australia Wide Asbestos Removal Encapsulation) with an infographic – check it out below!
(Psst! Don’t forget to check out their website here!)
Want to take a demo of our online Asbestos Awareness e-learning course? Click here!
Asbestos is a set of six naturally occurring minerals which were used in many aspects of the building trade in the past. If disturbed, the fibres within asbestos can be released into the air and inhaled by people in the area. Breathing in air containing asbestos fibres can lead to asbestos-related diseases (mainly cancers of the chest and lungs). These diseases will not occur immediately and can take from 15 – 60 years to develop. It is vital to provide training for people working on any of your company premises, who are likely to encounter or disturb asbestos containing materials.
Aim of Course
To help the learner to recognise asbestos materials, to understand the risks involved in working with asbestos and provide them with an introduction to the HSE ‘good practice’ guidelines for any work involving asbestos.
At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Describe what asbestos is – types of asbestos.
- List the potential dangers of exposure to asbestos.
- Identify what actions are likely to release the dangerous asbestos fibres.
- Outline how to control the risks.
- Understand their legal responsibilities.
This training tool will benefit your company in the following ways:
- Increasing awareness of the dangers of asbestos within the company.
- Reducing the risk of staff unknowingly coming into contact with asbestos.
- Providing a simple, flexible and interactive training experience for employees.
- Managing training records and reducing administration overhead.
Until next week!