Accident Investigation Training
This one day training is designed to provide learners with the appropriate knowledge to investigate, document and report near misses, incidents, accidents or dangerous occurrences in the workplace.
On completion of this course, learners will be able to:
- List the legal requirements relevant to the investigation of accidents in the workplace.
- Evaluate and investigate near misses, incidents, accidents/dangerous occurrences.
- Understand and complete IR1 & IR3 Forms.
- Document, record and produce reports on in-house incidents/accidents/near misses.
- Be aware if/when further knowledge, skills or experience are necessary to investigate accidents, incidents or dangerous occurrences.
- Recommend appropriate actions to prevent a re-occurrence of the accident.
- Legislation relevant to investigation and reporting.
- Accident Causation Models
- Resources required for effective Accident Investigation.
- Interviews and interview techniques.
- Securing the accident site.
- The importance of: mapping, identifying, photographing, documenting and recording data on file.
- Discussion on completion of the HSA, IR1 & IR3 forms
Who Should Attend:
Those persons in organisations who are deemed responsible for near miss, incident / accident / dangerous occurrence investigation and reporting.
- Classroom presentation on projector, supplemented by videos, and flip chart discussions throughout the training.
- Training handouts, training records, evaluation forms are also provided and used.
- Training handouts help trainees recall detail to be applied in their work setting.
- Leaners will participate in, and interrogate, case investigations as part of the learning process.
- Assessment of learning.
- Maximum of 10 learners.
- 1 day duration