Project Supervisor Construction Stage (PSCS)Assisting a PSCS in their role of Health and Safety Coordinator
EazySAFE [incorporating Phoenix Safety] can assist a PSCS in their role of Health and Safety Coordinator. We can provide full site safety management solutions, including provision of site safety advisors, training, and auditing. We can also provide assistance for contractors in meeting their duties under the Regulations including site auditing, site specific safety statements, risk assessments and method statements.
The role would include the following functions:
- Co-ordinate the identification of hazards, the elimination of the hazards or the reduction of risks during construction.
- Develop the Safety and Health Plan initially prepared by the PSDP
- Co-ordinate the implementation of the construction regulations by contractors
- Organise cooperation between contractors and the provision of information
- Co-ordinate the reporting of accidents to the Authority
- Co-ordinate the checking of safe working procedures
- Co-ordinate measures to restrict entry on to the site
- Co-ordinate the provision and maintenance of welfare facilities
- Co-ordinate arrangements to ensure that craft, general construction workers and security workers have a Safety Awareness card, e.g. Safe Pass and a Construction Skills card where required
- Co-ordinate the appointment of a site safety representative where there are more than 20 persons on site
- Liaise with the site safety representative
- Provide all necessary safety file information to the PSDP
- Monitor the compliance of contractors and others and take corrective action where necessary.
- Notify the Authority and the client of non-compliance with any written directions issued