On completion of this course the participants will be able to:
- List the implications of health and safety legislation on both the employer and the employee.
- Describe the role of the Health and Safety Inspectorate.
- Define the role and function of a Safety Representative.
- List actions undertaken to promote health and safety in the workplace.
- Describe the consultative process within the company.
- Identify hazards and assess the risks associated with common workplace hazards.
- Describe the importance of routine workplace inspections.
- Investigate accidents and recommend preventative inspections.
- Record and analyse accident statistics.
- Identify potential health hazards.
- Source information relevant to the Safety Representative.
- Define the role of the Safety Statement within the company.