Confined Space Awareness
This Confined Space Awareness training is suitable for those whose work involves entry into or working in confined spaces and related work areas.
On completion of this course, the participants will be able to:
- Describe the responsibility of the confined space entrant, observer and supervisor.
- Describe the confined space rescue procedure.
- State the purpose of a confined space entry permit and list the steps for obtaining one.
- Understand the operation of a gas detector.
- Maximum of 12 participants.
- ½ day duration.
- Setting the scene – case histories.
- Confined Spaces – identifying hazards.
Safe Work Practices:
- Entry permits.
- Safe procedures.
- Emergency plans.
- Unsafe atmospheres – definitions.
- Gas detection equipment.
- Rescue Procedures.