Employee Introduction to Health & Safety
This course is designed to provide the participants with the knowledge of their own responsibilities with regard to health & safety in the workplace.
On completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify their responsibilities with regard to health & safety in the workplace.
- Understand the importance of communication between management and the employees.
- Understand the importance and their role in the Company Safety Statement.
- Discuss the employee responsibilities of the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act, 2005.
- Evaluate the requirement of the 2007 General Application Regulations on the employee.
- Discuss the employee role in regard to Safety Statements and what is contained within.
- Evaluate the employee’s role in hazard identification and risk assessment.
- Discuss the employee’s role in accident reporting and investigation.
Who Should Attend:
This course is useful to all members of staff and will give them an introduction to occupational health and safety.
- Classroom presentation on projector, supplemented by videos, and flip chart discussions throughout the course.
- Course handouts, training records, evaluation forms are also provided and used.
- Maximum of 12 participants.
- ½ day or 1 day duration.