Employee Safety HandbookDeveloping an Employee Safety Handbook
The Employee Safety Handbook will provide additional hardcopy information for the trained employees, which will enable the employees to:
- Understand workplace health and safety legislation – relevant to your workplace
Know who the safety officer, representative and committee members are
- Be aware of what constitutes misbehaviour and inappropriate behaviour, and how it is managed within the organisation
- Know the emergency procedures and be able to respond in such an event
- Be aware of their personal responsibility for health and safety in the workplace
- Know the importance of the Safety Policy and Safety Statement – and where to locate it, and how to use it
- Be able to report accidents/incidents/near missed in a time and accurate manner.
The booklet will also provide an opportunity for the employer to record the level of instruction and training that the employee has received.
EazySAFE [incorporating Phoenix Safety] will lessen the administrative and financial load on employers with regard to producing an Employee Safety Handbook. Employees will have a convenient booklet which will allow them to refresh on the health and safety instruction and training they receive in the workplace.