Office Safety Course
To provide the course participants with the knowledge and information in order to ensure that health and safety in the office is managed appropriately. This course will also make participants aware of legal requirements for safety in the office.
On completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Know the duties as defined in the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act, 2005.
- List the requirements of the General Application Regulations, 2007, Chapter 5, Display Screen Equipment.
- Identify health and safety hazards in the office environment.
- Apply the knowledge to make the office a safer working environment.
- Discuss the relevant safety legislation applicable to offices.
- Safety Consultation (Safety Representative/Committee) in the office.
- Ergonomic Assessment of VDU’s and the workplace environment.
- Fire and Electrical Safety in the Office – Safe Access and Egress.
- ntifying additional hazards in the office – Manual Handling, Housekeeping, Slips, Trips and Falls.
- Office Heating, Lighting and Ventilation.
Who Should Attend:
For all people who as part of their duties have responsibility for safety and health. This course would particularly suit those whose work is primarily office based.
- Classroom presentation on projector, supplemented by videos, and flip chart discussions throughout the course.
- Course handouts, training records, evaluation forms are also provided and used.
- Maximum of 12 participants.
- 1 day duration.