Retained Advisor ServiceRetained Health & Safety Advisor Service
We understand that, for many organisations, hiring an extra health and safety resource is not a viable option. For this reason we provide a Retained Health & Safety Advisor Service. You may need assistance for just one day a week or you may need more; whatever your requirements are, we can tailor our service to meet your needs. Your dedicated EazySAFE consultant will conduct an assessment of your premises and work activities. This will identify areas of non-compliance in respect of Occupational Health and Safety Legislation. A report will be compiled advising on how to achieve compliance and best practice.
The development of a Health & Safety Management System would usually include the following:
Health & Safety Policies and Procedures
- Safety Statement & Safety Policy
Organisation and Responsibilities
- Management structure
- Management responsibilities
- Employee responsibilities
- Monitoring responsibilities
Safety Arrangements (non-exhaustive list)
- Risk Assessments
- Hazard Identification & Reporting
- Workplace Consultation Process & Representation
- Employee Information, Instruction & Training
- Accident Reporting & Investigation
- Occupational First Aid
- Occupational Health
- Workplace Ergonomic Assessment
- Emergency Response
- Pregnant Employees
- Young Workers
- Lone Working
- Contractor Control
- Electrical Safety
- Chemical Safety
Risk Assessment (non-exhaustive list)
- Working Environment & Activities
- Chemical Agents
- VDU/Display Screen Equipment
- Manual Handling
- Pregnant Employees
- Young Persons
- Explosive Atmospheres (ATEX)
- Working at Heights
Records (non-exhaustive list)
- Accident Investigation Reports
- Accident Report Forms & Accident Book Records
- Portable Appliance Testing (PAT) Register
- Equipment and Machinery Inspection and Maintenance Records
- Emergency Evacuation Records
- Fire & Emergency Equipment Inspection, Testing & Maintenance Records
- Employee Health & Safety Training Matrix
- Employee Health & Safety Training Records
- Personal Protective Equipment Records
- Inspection & Monitoring Records
- Consultation Records
Health & Safety Advice
As part of our retained advisor service your company will have access to expert advice on all aspects of health & safety when you need it. This will help your management team to deal with any day-to-day health & safety problems.
We specialise in customising health & safety training solutions to meet individual company requirements. We can provide practical one-day or half-day training courses. We can also provide blended learning solutions where the theory section is completed online.
Our consultants can help you to prepare for OHSAS 18001 certification. Gaining this certification can enhance your company image and demonstrate to your potential customers that you are serious about occupational health and safety management.
Phoenix Safety can provide regular management legal briefing sessions for you and your team to keep you informed on the latest legislation. We can also provide advice to management in the defence and preparation for fighting a compensation claim.
The benefits of having a Retained Health & Safety Advisor
- Provides you with the facility of a Safety Advisor without the cost of a full time employee.
- Allows us to monitor, update, manage and control all aspects of your health and safety plan acting as your in-house Safety Advisor.
- Allows us to grow with your organisation and develop intimate knowledge of your operation, which gives us a unique insight in dealing with health and safety issues.
- Assists you in complying with your legal obligations.
- You can refer to us as the competent persons on your projects and health and safety queries can be addressed back to us.
- Provides you with the expertise of an experienced health & safety consultant.
- Gives you access to our broad range of training courses at competitive prices.
- Nationwide coverage.
- Cost effective.
Duration of a Retained Advisor Contract
The contract will be tailored to suit your needs. The following options can be used as a guide:
- Contract 1: Up to 20 days per year e.g. 1-2 days per month.
- Contract 2: 20-50 days per year e.g. 1 day per week.
- Contract 3: Over 50 days per year e.g. 3 days a week.