Safety Committee Training
The purpose of the safety committee is to assist management in providing a safe workplace. The committee members accomplish this by being active safety advocates. Safety committee members act as the liaison between workers and management in a cooperative effort to improve health and safety in the workplace.
On completion of this course participants will be able to:
- List the implications of the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act 2005 and other relevant legislation.
- Identify hazards in the workplace.
- Define the role and function of the Safety Committee.
- State actions to be taken in order to communicate the health and safety message in the company.
- Maximum of 12 participants.
- 1 day duration.
- Classroom presentation on projector, supplemented by videos, and flip chart discussions throughout the course.
- Course handouts, training records, evaluation forms are also provided and used.
Course Content :
- Implications of the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act 2005.
- General Application Regulations 2007.
- Additional relevant legislation.
Systems for Managing Health and Safety:
- Hazard Identification.
- Risk Assessment.
- Control Measures.
Consultation & Committee Effectiveness:
- Role and Function of the Committee.
- Ensuring a high profile.
- Terms of reference.
- Members duties.
- Communicating the health and safety message.