Safety Representative Training
On completion of this course the participants will be able to:
- List the implications of health and safety legislation on both the employer and the employee.
- Describe the role of the Health and Safety Inspectorate.
- Define the role and function of a Safety Representative.
- List actions undertaken to promote health and safety in the workplace.
- Describe the consultative process within the company.
- Identify hazards and assess the risks associated with common workplace hazards.
- Describe the importance of routine workplace inspections.
- Investigate accidents and recommend preventative inspections.
- Record and analyse accident statistics.
- Identify potential health hazards.
- Source information relevant to the Safety Representative.
- Define the role of the Safety Statement within the company.
- Legislation relating to Health and Safety.
- Role and Functions of the Safety Representative.
- Accident Investigation, Recording & Analysis.
- Occupational Chemical Safety Awareness.
- Common Workplace.
- Hazards/Risk Assessments.
- Manual Handling.
- Internal Transport.
- Fire safety.
- Slips, Trips & Falls.
- Method Statements.
- Permits to Work.
- A presentation supplemented by videos, exercises and use of MSDS from the client.
- Case analysis of common health and safety problems that arise in the workplace – and practical guidance for the safe solution of these issues.
- Interactive problem solving.
- Identification of sources of information to assist the safety representative in his/her duties.
- Maximum of 12 participants.
- 3 day duration.